Monday, June 29, 2009

Time flys


Okay, so I haven't blogged in a while. I've been busy writing. I can't believe we are half way through the year. There is one good thing about it though. Yes, I'm half way through my work in progress (WIP) now. This is where it starts to get hard. Not so much in terms of story but momentum. The beginning is always so exciting and so you tend to write more and faster. As you get more into the story it becomes hard to keep that excitement going. It is easier to get...distracted.

Procrastination becomes a temptation almost too hard to resist. I've joined a few online groups this year and joined a book club. Now I HAVE to read two books a month, keep up with all my online friends, emails, my writing group commitments and my own writing. Not to mention that I still have a family and a home to maintain. Life gets tough but you know what? I wouldn't have it any other way.

I love being busy, I love creating my stories, reading great books, meeting smart, funny women who love what I love and doing the mad family stuff that sometimes makes my head spin.

I don't watch much TV these days and what I do watch is especially slotted into my busy schedule. Some of my non writing friends wonder how I could choose sitting alone at my desk tapping away at a keyboard instead of watching the box. To be honest, I like the alone time. I don't ostracise myself from the family or ignore the washing (if only I could). I wait until everyone is in bed and then I travel to my special place in my imagination, meet my characters and get back to work. I am finding that I am having increasingly late nights and early mornings but although I am often tired I do not regret it. One day when I am published I will see all this as time well spent. Good practice for deadlines.

I'm off to do more writing now, that is after I have stacked the dishwasher, folded and put away some clothes and picked up Iron man and Bumble Bee off the floor and turned off all the lights. My regency world awaits me and I can't wait to get there.

Til then, read only the good words.

No comments: