Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Endings

Just to let you know I have finished the first draft of my manuscript. It is a weird time for a writer. There is a sense of achievement, yes, and there is a sense of loss too. It isn't the last I am going to see of it. I have edits to do next and polishing, polishing and then some more polishing.

It's all good though. For the purposes of this blog though it is an insight into what happens next. Now I allow myself to dream of the next project. I start to think about plot, character, goal, motivation and conflict. What am I going to call these new creatures I imagine up? What are they going to look like? What are their backgrounds, their strengths and weaknesses?

For me this is the fun part. The creative part. However, I cannot let myself have that fun until I have put my other baby to bed. So for the next few weeks I will be going through line by line my Work in Progress (WIP).

Already doubts are setting in. Will it be good enough. Have I put in enough or not enough? Only time will tell. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: