Saturday, November 1, 2008

Beginnings

Hi everyone

This is my first blog so let me tell you a bit about myself. I am an aspiring Romance Novelist who writes in the Regency period. It is such an exciting time period to write in as it was the cusp of the Industrial Revolution, the end of the flamboyant Georgian period and a time of great changes in fashion and attitudes. How could I not write about a time I am fascinated by? I currently have a full manuscript (MS) request winging it's way to Harlequin in London and a partial request going off to Berkeley in the US. So, please keep your fingers and toes crossed for me.

I am married with three children, two dogs and three pet rats. I work full time and fit in my writing when I can. It is a hard gig, don't let anyone tell you any different. I also don't think it matters what genre you write it is all mentally draining and time consuming, but when the goings good it is soo good.

I have been writing seriously for about three years and boy have I learnt a lot in that time. I belong to the Romance Writers Australia organisation which is a great place to be. It is a group of wonderful writers who will support you, nurture you, befriend you and most of all encourage you to be the best writer you can be.

I hope through this blog to share with you my writing journey, my ups and downs and all the bits that come in the middle.

I hope you will drop in from time to time to see what I have been up to.

til then may all your words be the good ones.

Cassie

No comments: